As with the mechanical parts, the rear derailleur represents the pride and joy of the EPS project and encompasses a series of technologies and innovations that allow shifting speed to be optimised and guarantee unprecedented precision, even in the case of multiple shifting with 11 sprockets at a time.
The EPS rear derailleur is comprised mainly of a mechanical structure, derived from the mechanical gear and composed of a derailleur rod/parallelogram/derailleur cage, of a worm screw enabled by an electronic actuator. As with the derailleur, the electronic rear derailleur actuator is composed of a gear motor and a sensor, the built-in resolver, that reads its movements.
The geometry of the parallelogram has been made more rigid and optimised to promote interaction with the electronic parts.
The lower and upper bodies, the parallelogram and the carbon derailleur cage are moved by a screw system and lead worm screw (not a spring screw) which, in turn, is enabled by the electronic actuator that communicates with the DTI. The built-in resolver inside the actuator is capable of reading the movements of the rear derailleur at any time and optimising its position by communicating with the DTI (Digital Tech Intelligence).
The rear derailleur is also equipped with a play recovery system using a helicoidal spring that optimises stability and precision and keeps operation and performance constant over time, even after many kms have been covered.
As with the mechanical rear derailleur, it is possible to optimise its position with respect to the frame and chain by acting on two adjusting screws: the screw that adjusts the mechanical end stop and the screw that adjusts the distance between the upper pulley and sprockets. By using these screws it is possible to optimise the installation of the rear derailleur and increase the precision of its operation.
- HIGH TORQUE, HIGH DRIVE RATIO MOTORS: Campagnolo has used the world's best electric motors for this application. These units ensure effective shifting even under strain, deliver the same performance time after time and make extremely fast, precise shifts possible.
- POSITION SENSOR: the "Magnetic Hall Sensor Resolver" ensures that the rear derailleur always moves the chain into the ideal position for the selected sprocket.
- SPECIAL T.I.N. TREATMENT: this special treatment the EPS titanium components in their original condition, so they continue to deliver maximum performance.
- UPPER AND LOWER BODY IN MONOLITHIC CARBON POWDER TECHNOPOLYMER: for maximum lightness and superlative stiffness.
- FRONT ROCKER AND LINK IN CARBON FIBRE: the only electronic rear derailleur in the world made from carbon fibre. For maximum lightness and superlative maximum stiffness. For fast, precise shifts even under strain.in malfunction. The release system also prevents damage to the unit in a fall.
- EXCLUSIVE MULTI-SHIFTING SYSTEM: lets the rider shift up or down by up to 11 sprockets in a single action!
- 100% WATERPROOF: all the components of the rear derailleur are built to operate in any weather conditions in compliance with the IP67 standard.