ROTOR developed the 3D crank to be extremely stiff in order to meet the demands of Thor Hushovd and the sprinters of Cervelo TestTeam. But it also needed to be lightweight enough to satisfy the needs of Carlos Sastre and the climbers as well. ROTOR utilizes a special manufacturing process, named the “Trinity Drilling System. An extruded aluminum bar is intricately CNC machined with three drilled holes through the length of the crank. The result is a unique triple hollow crank arm that enables Rotor’s engineers to remove the excess aluminum in the core while still maintaining the structural strength of the crank. Bottom bracket and chainrings not included.
- Striking aero spider design with reinforced structure increases stiffness to endure the demands of track racing, whilst improving aerodynamics.
- Utilizing a special manufacturing process, named the Trinity Drilling System an extruded aluminum bar is intricately CNC machined with three drilled holes through the length of the crank.
- Third generation DTT technology and Closed System Concept design allows us to manufacture our crank clamps in a closed position, meaning that both stress risers and structural strain are reduced when the crank is closed, improving clamping integrity significantly.
- Certified to EN 14781 standard.
- Q-Factor: 141.5 mm
- Compatible with all 144 BCD Chain rings.
- Compatible with our Track BB only.
- Crank lengths: 165, 167, 170, 172 & 175 mm
- Weight 175mm / 144 BCD (w/o chain rings & BB): 621 g