The carbon pedal, which uses Shimano's usual SPD-SL system, takes much of the alloy version's design - stainless steel body, extra-wide shoe platform - and wraps it up in a carbon shell that sends total pair weight crashing to 256g from 314g.
Shimano have always shown willing in trickling their high-end components down to levels below at hugely reduced prices - see the terrific Ultegra 6800 for proof. The PD-6800 continues that trend.
- Durable and lightweight carbon composite body
- Extra-wide platform for maximum efficient transfer of power
- Stainless steel body plate reduces flex and wear
- Wide bearing placement for stable, uniform load distribution
- Adjustable entry and release tension settings
- Weight: 260g pair